Welcome to Quest
Dear Parents, Student and Community Members,
Welcome to the new Quest Charter Academy website! We have spent a great deal of time working on a new website that is full of great information and user friendly too. I hope you agree we achieved that goal!
I am truly excited about the 2016-2017 school year! We have assembled an exceptional team of teachers who are all anxious and ready to hit the ground running.
In the first quarter of 2016, a significant number of teachers, staff, board members and parents engaged in a Strategic Planning process that resulted in formidable action plans in four key strategy areas. I encourage you to learn more about these strategies and action plans which can be found at the lower portion of this page in blue. As we launch all of our strategic action plans this year, I want you to know that a great deal of effort has been taken to move Quest Charter Academy to the next level. To help our students achieve high academic goals, some of the changes that were in place for the start of the new school year are:
- The addition of a Family and Community Liaison to take family engagement to a higher level through communication, activities and more. This staff member will be a constant source of communication and support for all of our families at Quest.
- The addition of a full-time Social Worker at our Middle School who will support the social-emotional needs of our students.
- The addition of an RtI (Response to Intervention) Coordinator to track and monitor individual student data and personal learning plans for each student.
- We have lowered class size at our Middle School to 20 students in a classroom.
- Every student will have a Chromebook to use every day while at school.
- Expanded academic offerings at the High School.
- The High School has moved to a restorative practices approach, and the Middle School will engage in responsive classroom approach, both of which put the building of relationships with our students first and foremost in all we do.
Quest Charter Academy is in existence today as a result of a community-wide effort for a school with a college-prep curriculum rich in math, science and technology that would prepare our youth for college and skilled careers. Quest is committed to ensuring our customers, our students, families, staff and Board are highly satisfied.
If you are a community member and would like to visit us, please call. We would love to have our students give you a tour and tell you about their school. If you are a parent, I encourage you to fully participate in your child’s education by having a presence at school functions, volunteering at school, etc. Together, we can do amazing things for our scholars!
Thank you for joining us on our QUEST to be the best!
Nicole Couri Wood, Ph.D.
Quest Charter Academy